Consultation Services on Caregivers Programs

A caregiver is someone who helps a family with their children or someone who specializes in elderly care. We can help employers put together an application and increase their chances of approval if they want to hire a selected caregiver. If the employer has not chosen a caregiver yet, our sister company’s website, Workvantage, can offer caregiver recruitment services.

Employers do not needLabour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for Home Child Care Provider Pilots and Home Support Worker Pilots. These programs will allow an employer to gather valuable work experience to use towards the employee’s Permanent Residence application.

We help Canadian employers prepare the necessary paperwork to hire Live-in Caregivers in Canada or abroad. We help employers prepare an LMIA when applicable and organize the work permit abroad. We may also assist the employer with any changes on the work permit application if necessary.

Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

Caregivers who wish to work in Canada have two options to apply for Work Permits: Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot.

These five-year-long programs are designed for caregivers and their families to come to Canada, work as Temporary Foreign Workers, and then obtain permanent residency, but only if they work in this professional field for the duration of their stay in Canada. These programs are occupation-restricted.

Not everyone can be a caregiver. In fact, among the requirements to become a professional caregiver in Canada are: completing a program, accumulating the right amount of working hours, and showing certificates.

As of June 18th, 2019, both programs are available for foreign workers if they meet the following criteria:

  • Comply with IRCC’s requirements.
  • Have a job offer for an occupation in the field. 

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

If the caregiver does not meet the requirements for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot, they might be able to apply for a Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), but only if they are already working in Canada. The employer might need an LMIA — especially if the caregiver is applying from abroad. In this case, the employer must have requested an LMIA before June 18, 2019. It is essential to mention that the conditions for Québec are different. 

Permanent Residence for Caregivers

For live-in caregivers already working in Canada, it will be needed to apply to a LMIA. As for June 18, 2019, the Live-in caregiver program has been closed. However, two new pilot programs are now available for the next five years (until 2024):

For these programs, the candidate has to apply first to obtain the work permit, no LMIA needed, and two years later, it is possible to apply for the Permanent Residence.

This program assesses from the beginning the applicant’s chances to obtain the Permanent  Residence before approving the application. For this reason, the requirements now demand higher qualifications. 

If you are a candidate and want to know your options to apply, call us for a free assessment. If you have been in Canada for more than 20 months, give us a call, and we will help you apply for your permanent residence and open work permit.

Do not risk one of the most important applications you will file in your life due to errors or mistakes. Sometimes a word or a number written improperly can complicate things, and you may lose thousands of dollars in work opportunities that you could have taken if you had gotten your open work permit sooner.

We know how to file your application correctly. Leave it to Immigration Pros! Please contact us to determine if you are a viable candidate under this program.

Contact us for a free evaluation on your case.

Ask for Quote
Our fee range:

[$2,540 – $4,190]

Call +1 888-276-3399 (Toll-free) or +1 416-840-6570, and we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case.

We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi.

Caregiver: Download this form and
send it back by e-mail or fax.

Fax: 416-352-7412


Click here to send us a message.

IP Immigration Pros. Inc. is an Authorized Licensed Immigration Consultancy Agency that offers Immigration Consultancy Services. We help and advise our clients in the preparation of immigration applications and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada. We are not delegated providers of the Government of Canada nor we process visa applications.