Consultancy and Advice on Work Permit Extension

If a temporary foreign worker is in Canada and their work permit is about to or has already expired, there are options to extend their stay:

  • The employer could apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and extend their work permit.
  • The employee could change their expiring work permit and get a visitor permit until they have a new employer (this applies only if they are from a country exempt from a travel docuementation requirement).
  • If the employee’s work permit expired less than three months ago, they can restore their status and stay in Canada with legal status.

It is always best to plan ahead of time and submit a temporary residence application to remain in Canada before it is too late. The emergence of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), has impacted Canadian Government’s periods to process submitted applications.

Hiring a Certified Consultant firm will ensure that an application meets the Canadian immigration authorities’ requirements, dramatically increasing the chances of a favourable outcome.

For more information regarding the options to apply to extend, renew or restore a status, call our toll-free number or fill out the form below, and we’ll contact you.

Contact us for a free evaluation of your case.

Ask for Quote
Our fee range: 

[$1,100 – $1,800]

Call +1 888-276-3399  (Toll-free) or +1 416-840-6570, and we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case.

We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi.

Work Permit Extension: Download this form and send it back by e-mail or fax.

Fax: 416-352-7412


Click here to send us a message.

IP Immigration Pros. Inc. is an Authorized Licensed Immigration Consultancy Agency that offers Immigration Consultancy Services. We help and advise our clients in the preparation of immigration applications and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada. We are not delegated providers of the Government of Canada nor we process visa applications.